Protect Your Teeth With Mouthguards in Kennewick, WA
In just a few seconds, one throw can change the outcome of a ball game. In the same amount of time, it can also break a tooth or cause other dental damage. Fortunately, you can prevent this type of injury with mouthguards from Grandridge Dental. While you can purchase a mouthguard from a sporting goods store, it won’t protect you as well as a custom-made athletic mouthguard from our Kennewick, WA dentist office.
Our custom mouthguards:
- Fit better than store-bought mouthguards, so they will stay in your mouth no matter how wild the action gets
- Are comfortable since they are made from impressions of your teeth
- Can be customized to provide the right level of protection for your sport
- Work better than off-the-shelf mouthguards if you wear braces or have an out-of-the-ordinary facial feature like a cleft palate
To schedule a fitting for a custom mouthguard, call 509-737-1800.
Protect More Than Your Teeth With an Athletic Mouthguard
Our dentists can repair many dental injuries like broken teeth with a dental crown or other restorative dentistry procedure. But it’s easier, less expensive, and less painful to prevent the injury from occurring in the first place. In addition to saving teeth from injury, an athletic mouthguard can also protect your tongue, cheeks, and other sensitive areas of your mouth. It also can lessen the risk of concussion or other head injuries because it spreads the force of any impact to your head.
Take Care of Your Mouthguard to Keep It in Good Shape
A custom mouthguard is more durable than a store-bought mouthguard. Still, to ensure it will last a long time, you should follow these care tips:
- Rinse your mouthguard after each use
- Occasionally give it a thorough wash in cool, soapy water
- Store it in a sturdy container with air vents
- Keep it out of the sun
If any members of your family need mouthguards, call Grandridge Dental at 509-737-1800. You’ll find our Kennewick, WA dentist office on Grandridge Boulevard in the 99336 zip code, not far from the Three Rivers Convention Center.