Stay in Top Oral Health With General Dentistry in Kennewick, WA
You can’t have healthy teeth and gums without general dentistry. At Grandridge Dental, we make sure our general dental services are thorough and comfortable, so you’ll never be tempted to put them off – or worse, ignore them.Dr. Jeff Morgan on Dental Hygiene Read Transcript
That starts out with the evaluation. What is the needs of this new patient that we have? Are they in good oral health? How are the gums? We can evaluate that, we can look at their gums and decide whether it's just regular cleaning, a six-month cleaning, if they need a closer interval for those cleanings, or if they need some different types of options as far as LANAP or different gum procedures that we can perform. I think the overall treatment plan will dictate what's best for that patient to get them back to optimal oral health and also to where they just need maintenance. Whether that's dental crowns and bridges or implants, we can provide that and get them up and running and back to good oral health.
While dental exams and dental cleanings are the foundation of good oral health, our Kennewick, WA dentists offer lots of other general dentistry services too, including:
- Preventive Treatments – You can get fluoride applications or dental sealants to help prevent cavities.
- Nutritional Counseling – Our dentists can recommend dietary changes that will improve your dental health, and your overall health too.
- Athletic Mouthguards – If you participate in sports, you’ll need a mouthguard. A custom-made one will fit so well, you’ll never be tempted to leave it on the sidelines.
- Gum Disease Treatment – We use a laser for more effective results than treatments performed with scraping tools and similar instruments.
- Dry Mouth and Bad Breath Treatments – Our dentists can diagnose the root cause of these issues and recommend treatments and products to help.
- Oral Cancer Exams – We use a laser technology called ViziLite to look for early warning signs of oral cancer.
To visit our office for general dental care, call 509-380-9046.
An Ounce of Dental Prevention Is Worth a Pound of Cure
While we can repair cavities with tooth fillings, it’s better to prevent them. Treatments like fluoride applications and dental sealants can help. Fluoride strengthens tooth enamel so it’s more resistant to decay. It can even reverse decay in its early stages.
Sealants are very thin layers of plastic we can apply to back teeth to help seal out decay. The chewing surfaces of your back teeth are covered in tiny grooves where bacteria can collect, causing cavities. Sealants not only prevent bacteria from getting into grooves, they also make it easier to keep your teeth clean.
See If Insurance Covers Costs Before Treatment Starts
No one wants unpleasant surprises when it’s time to pay for your general dental services or other recommended care. Our staff is happy to determine which procedures are covered by your insurance plan. For treatments that aren’t covered, we can give you a written rundown of costs. If services aren’t covered by insurance, we can also create a payment plan for you to spread out the expense.