No More Dental Stress With Sedation Options in Kennewick, WA
Some people experience dental anxiety every time they go to the dentist. Others don’t mind routine visits but get nervous about certain procedures. If you are part of either one of these groups, our sedation options can relax you so you can get the dental care you need.Dr. Jeff Morgan on Sedation Options Read Transcript
Anxiety is a real issue, and I think that's one thing that we try to communicate with the patient, talk to them, see where their level of anxiety is, what in the past has worked for them, what hasn't. We give them the options of oral sedation, conscious sedation so that they can take a pill beforehand. But also, we have (inaudible) that we can titrate and make sure that they're at a level of comfort where they are passively going through that procedure without pain or without anxiety during that treatment. We can comfort those patients that have that anxiety and get them through the procedure so that they're comfortable and that they're happy that they chose Grandridge Dental.
Unlike some general dentists who offer only one kind of sedation, you can choose from two kinds in our office. Both are completely safe. Plus, you’ll be monitored throughout your treatment.
Our sedation dentistry lets you:
- Overcome your apprehension
- Stay fully relaxed during your appointment
- Undergo several procedures in a single appointment
- Control a sensitive gag reflex
- Remain conscious so you can easily communicate with our staff
To see if dental sedation is right for you, call Grandridge Dental at 509-380-9046. Our Kennewick, WA dentists can help you select the appropriate level of sedation.
Inhaled Sedation Is Safe Enough for Children
Often called laughing gas, inhaled sedation has been used in the medical field for more than 200 years. Among its advantages:
- Noninvasive – You receive it through a small mask worn over your nose.
- Fast Acting – It takes effect within minutes, and it wears off quickly too.
- Flexible – We can easily adjust the amount you receive.
- Appropriate for Many Ages – Even young children can receive inhaled sedation.
- No Lingering Effects – You won’t feel groggy after your procedure. You can even drive yourself home if you’d like.
Relax More Deeply With Oral Conscious Sedation
With oral sedation, you’ll take a prescription medication before your appointment so you arrive already relaxed. It relaxes you more deeply than inhaled sedation, though you’ll still be able to communicate with us. Unlike inhaled sedation, you may not be able to remember much about your procedure when it’s over.
To find out more about your sedation options, call 509-380-9046. Our Kennewick, WA dentist office is located on Grandridge Boulevard in the 99336 zip code, near the Three Rivers Convention Center.