Keep Your Teeth in Top Condition With Dental Cleanings & Exams in Kennewick, WA
You’ll probably come to our Kennewick, WA dentist office more often for dental cleanings and exams than for any other service. We hope so anyway, as regular exams and professional cleanings are essential to your oral health.Dr. Jeff Morgan on Regular Dental Exams Read Transcript
The main thing when you come in for an exam and a dental cleaning at Grandridge Dental, you're going to be treated like family. They can expect to have a full evaluation of their gums and their teeth and a screening, oral cancer screening so that we can determine if there's anything that's going on in their oral health that could be detrimental to their long-term health.
Then we'll provide the services that will get them back to their optimal level of health. Whether that means procedures with the gums, or crown and bridge, or different types of procedures that can help restore and rehabilitate their broken-down teeth, then we can provide that at Grandridge Dental.
Also, give you the options and the ability to elevate your oral health to a level that you don't need a dentist anymore. We're going to get you to a level that you have great healthy teeth and gums, and that you can maintain and just come in and see us for a social visit every six months.
During your checkups, we will:
- Remove bacteria-filled plaque from your teeth to help prevent cavities and gum disease
- Polish your teeth so they look great and feel great too
- Identify problems like cavities when they are small and simple to treat
- Address all your questions and concerns, including issues like halitosis (bad breath) and dry mouth
If you need to schedule an exam, call 509-737-1800.
Get Professional Dental Cleanings & Other Preventive Care
While professional dental cleanings are a big part of preventing cavities and gum gum disease, we may also recommend additional preventive treatments to keep your teeth in top shape. Among the options:
- Fluoride – This well-known cavity fighter makes your tooth enamel stronger. While we frequently recommend it for young children, it’s also a good choice for those with dry mouth and other at-risk adults.
- Dental Sealants – Applying very thin layers of plastic to your teeth prevents bacteria from getting into the tiny grooves where your brush can’t reach.
Both of these treatments are simply applied to your teeth; no discomfort is involved.
Exams Can Detect Early Signs of Problems
Detecting problems in their earliest stages is important because it’s much easier and less expensive to treat them. We can place a filling to treat a small cavity. A larger one will require a dental crown and, if decay gets into the center of your tooth, possibly even a root canal. Similarly, gum disease can be reversed with LANAP treatment, but you can lose teeth to gum disease that has progressed to the later stages. Our dentists even check for early signs of oral cancer using a special tool called ViziLite.
Because early detection is so important, we recommend getting a dental exam every six months. To get dental cleanings and exams for your family, call Grandridge Dental at 509-737-1800. We welcome patients from the Tri-Cities, including zip code 99336.