Replace Missing Teeth With Dentures in Kennewick, WA
Tooth replacements can improve your overall health, not just your oral health. Without teeth, it’s tough to eat fresh fruits and vegetables. With dentures, you can return these healthy foods to your diet. That’s not the only benefit of replacement teeth, of course. They also:Dr. Jeff Morgan on Dentures Read Transcript
Dentures are good in the right situation. If the patient has had dentures and their dentures are loose, one of the best things you can do for that patient is put some dental implants in to stabilize those dentures. There's different types of dental implants and depending on the bone, and we can go in and we can find the best implant for them, whether that be a mini implant, whether that be a regular implant, and stabilize that denture long-term.
I think the best part about it is on the upper denture you get some suction towards the palate, and so that can be stabilized fairly easily most of the time, but the lower denture is very hard to stabilize and chew with, and so implants can stabilize that. It's a life-changing difference when you can chew any food you want.
- Make your face look fuller and younger-looking
- Are less invasive than some other teeth replacements
- Restore your smile’s appearance
- Are an affordable way to replace a whole mouthful of teeth
Combine Dentures With Dental Implants for a Complete Smile
Replacement teeth sit on top of your gums, held in place largely by suction. So they can sometimes slip or even become dislodged. One way to avoid this is by attaching them to dental implants. Implant-retained dentures offer many advantages, including:
- Easy Oral Hygiene – Depending on the kind of replacement teeth you choose, you can either remove them easily for cleaning or care for them by just brushing and flossing.
- No Loss of Bone Density – Since implants are embedded in your jaw, they’ll stimulate it and help keep it strong. You won’t experience bone loss over time like you would with conventional replacement teeth.
- No Unpleasant Friction – Since dental implants dentures won’t rub against your gums, they’re more comfortable than traditional dentures.
- Enhanced Enjoyment of Food – In your upper jaw, dentures with dental implants leave your palate exposed. This allows you to more fully enjoy the taste of your food. Plus, you won’t need denture adhesive, which can also affect how food tastes.
You Can Choose Conventional Dentures Too
If dental implants aren’t for you, you have other dentures options. You can also choose traditional replacement teeth. Full dentures replace all of the teeth in your upper jaw, your lower jaw, or both. Partial dentures work well if you still have some healthy teeth.
To find out which dentures are best for your smile, call 509-737-1800. You’ll find our Kennewick, WA dentist office in the Tri-Cities, near the Columbia Park Trail.